(This Agreement contains important limitations of legal liability. Please read carefully before signing.)
I, _________________________________________, desire to attend or participate in one or more events (each one a “Horse Event”) sponsored or facilitated by Summit Riders Horseman’s Association, Inc., a California non-profit corporation (“SRHA”). A Horse Event may include activities such as horse riding, training, taking lessons, attending clinics and seminars, or caring for horses.
I acknowledge that any Horse Event, and all horse-related activities (whether competitive or pleasure), contains inherent risks, including without limitation bodily injury, physical harm, and damage to me personally, my horse(s), my equipment or other property, and to spectators. I acknowledge that (a) all horse-related activities are dangerous; (b) horses have unpredictable temperaments which can sometimes cause behavior leading to injury or damage; (c) even the most experienced horse facility operator or horse owner cannot predict how each individual horse will react in a variety of situations and cannot guarantee my safety; and (d) an inherent risk of riding is falling off the horse.
Therefore, by signing below, I knowingly and voluntarily assume any and all risks inherent in any Horse Event and all horse-related activities, whether known or unknown. I agree to the following on behalf of myself and my spouse (if any):
1. I hereby release and discharge SRHA and its members, Board of Directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, agents, and volunteers; Sandi Parker; Randy Parker; all other persons and organizations involved with facilitating the Horse Event; and all of the foregoing parties’ representatives, heirs, administrators, successors and assigns (all of the foregoing parties being the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, demands, and damages or costs of any kind whatsoever related to my participation or attendance at a Horse Event or any other horse-related activity.
2. I understand that the release of claims in Section 1 above applies to and includes all known and unknown and unexpected claims referred to in Section 1. I have read California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides:
A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.
I hereby waive all rights and protections otherwise available under Section 1542, having had full opportunity to consult with counsel of my choosing.
3. I agree that I will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all actions, claims, demands, and damages or costs of any kind whatsoever, including attorneys’ fees and costs, arising from any proceeding or lawsuit brought against any of the Released Parties that is related to any act or failure to act by me, or my horse(s) or my guests, or brought or prosecuted for my benefit, arising from my participation or attendance at any Horse Event or other horse-related activities.
4. I acknowledge that at any Horse Event, photos or other digital recordings are usually taken by SRHA in the spirit of having a recorded memory of a great time. I hereby grant full permission to SRHA and/or its authorized agents to use my full name, image, likeness, and/or voice in any photograph, video, audio, or any other recording in whatever form (the “Recording”) and to use it for any legitimate purpose related to SRHA. Any Recording will be exclusively owned by SRHA.
5. This Agreement is binding on my administrators, executors, heirs, successors, and assigns. It contains the entire agreement among the parties. It is governed by California law. If any portion is deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, the unenforceable portion shall be severed from the remaining portions, which shall remain in full force.
I have read this Agreement carefully and completely, and I fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and my agreement to indemnify/hold harmless, and it is a binding contract between me and the Released Parties. I sign it of my own free will. I further agree that no oral representations, statements, or inducements apart from the foregoing written Agreement have been made, and that I rely on none. This Agreement is effective when signed and shall be in full effect until revoked in writing by me.
(If under 18) Date of Birth: _____________________
Parent or Guardian ________________________
Emergency phone # _________________________
Email address ______________________________
MINORS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING LIABILITY WAIVER SIGNED BY THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN
We, the undersigned parents of_________________________ , for and in consideration of my child’s participation in one or more SRHA Horse Events, state that we have read the above Agreement and expressly agree that the terms and conditions of this Agreement apply to and are binding on us and my minor child insofar as it pertains to his or her participation in a Horse Event, a Recording, and to any injury or damage said minor child or his/her horse may sustain or cause as a result of said participation. We further warrant we have health and accident insurance on said minor. I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.
Executed this ______ day of __________, 20__, at ______________________, California.
Mother: Phone: __________ Father: _________________Phone: __________________
I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing paragraphs and understand the content thereof.